On September 18-19, 2014 Elevator U attended the annual MAPPA conference at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana . The attendee’s were from public and private universities, and community colleges that came together for an opportunity to learn and network together. Attendee’s from seven states make up the MAPPA region – Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin. The event included a business partner’s exhibit hall for firms that support the facilities profession. Elevator U exhibited at this year’s conference to network with facilities professionals, to educate them on elevator safety for college students through its “Rise Up, Safe Rider” program, and we were looking for an introduction to the person that is responsible for their facilities elevators. We ultimately planned on getting that person the information to explain the benefits that Elevator U offers to educational facilities. The attendees were able to network with other professionals from around the country and share in their expertise. The educational facilities workplace has been transformed in recent years by a variety of forces. Intense competition, advancing technology, changing values, and a global economy have created new challenges for the management of educational facilities. This organizations fresh approach of developing leadership towards organizing and managing this new environment, shows us all the new direction of educational facilities in the future.
Mark your calendars for next years Elevator U Conference. It will be held the week of June 22nd, 2015 at Ohio State University. More details to follow. If there’s a topic you’d like to hear about or an item you would like to learn in greater depth, contact us.
Elevator U’s 2014 is right around the corner and is providing the following educational credits. It’s not too late to sign up. To do so click here!
NAESA International Has Approved The Following – Remember that if you require QEI Credits you will need to pay a $25 stipend fee for Elevator U to submit your name and QEI number to NAESA International. We will have a sign in sheet for each presentation for those of you who would like to receive QEI Credits.
6/24-26/2014 Elevator U – Annual Conference, Lincoln NE 68588
• Changing Geared to Geardless by Dennis Rhodes Approved for .1 CEU
• Seismic Requirements and Solutions for Unintended Movement by Tracey Fackler Approved for .1 CEU
• Wind Stack Issues on Hoistway Doors by Chris Marshall Approved for .1 CEU
• Alterations and Acceptance Inspections-2010-2013 Code Changes by John Rearick Approved for .1 CEU
• Industry Safety by Bob Shepherd Approved for .1 CEU
The NAEC as well has approved this year’s Elevator U conference for the following CET Credits. If you would like a certificate or need CET/CAT continuing education credits you will need to sign in before each of the presentations in order to receive one. They have approved the educational content at a total value of 5.0 hours CET and 1.0 Safety credit for a total of 6.0 contact hours.
• Changing Geared to Gearless – Approved for 1.0 CET
• Seismic Requirements and Solutions for Unintended Movement – Approved for 1.0 CET
• Noise Control – Approved for 1.0 CET
• Wind Stack Issues on Hoistway Doors – Approved for 1.0 CET
• Alterations & Acceptance Inspections – 2010 and 2013 Code Changes – Approved for 1.0 CET
• Industry Safety – Approved for 1.0 Safety